Saturday, April 30, 2016

Iris Apfel Ribbon Necklace


This necklace is a simple homage to Iris.  
My heroine.


A few years ago Iris had a sale of some of her personal items on the One Kings Lane website.
I knew things would sell quickly and trust me, by the time I got onto the site everything was snapped up.  I wanted something small as a keepsake and these ribbons somehow ended up back on the site when the person who selected them did not check out.  Happily, they became mine.


The are exactly what I look for when I go to the Paris antique market.
It took me a while to figure out the best way to use them.
A simple metal ribbon edging component was my best option.


Iris's life quotes have become my own.


Her ribbons are now something I can wear.
And, I have so much left over for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment