Thursday, June 11, 2015

Over The Top Statement Necklace #1 In Series

I am so pleased that I managed to use some of the wonderful items I purchased last week at the Bead and Button show to create this choker.  It is amazing how many years I have bought spectacular things only to find myself back at the show not having used one thing I purchased the year previous
Not this year!
This necklace was years in the making.
First, as I reported in my last blog post, this is the "over the top glass electroplated and enameled component" designed by Dee Perry.
My pendant I made in a workshop taught by Richard Salley.  I imagine a lot of you will recognize his design style.  The class was excellent and I have never figured out how to show off this piece.
(Inside is a secret resin filled homage to Napoleon.)
This is one of FOUR necklaces I will make with Dee's hand crafted designs as the focal point and inspiration for the finished design.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! And who doesn't want a hidden homage to Napoleon??!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete