By Carmi Cimicata for Dazzle-it and John Bead Corp.
Pastels have gone mainstream.  No longer just for summer, pastel wools, fibers and winter fabrics mean that you can wear these lovely colours throughout the year.  They were represented throughout the fall ready to wear collections.
The current issue of Perles et Cetera just hit the magazine stands.  As the magazine is a french publication, I am providing the english translation of the project here.  The necklace tutorial features our Dazzle-it Pastella beads.
This pastel statement necklace could be the fastest one you will ever make!  The focal piece is a sequined beaded applique that you would find in any store supplying products for costume designers.  These appliques are normally sewn onto fabric.
The back of an applique is not meant to be seen.  I glue felt to the reverse when I use the applique as a jewelry component.
Now my piece is lined and it will feel soft if it comes into contact with skin.
I strung my Pastella beads into four different strands.  EZ crimps make it very easy to finish these strands making them instantly attachable.
I hand-sewed a soldered jump ring to both sides of the applique.
I cut some Dazzle-it fancy chain to match the length of my bead strands.  The Pastella beads looked great alone, but the silver leaf chain added extra sparkle.  Then I joined the chain and beads to the applique with a jump ring.
I used another jump ring to attach each set of beads and chain to the magnetic clasp.
The necklace is ready to wear!
Products Used 
John Bead Outlet – Sequined Beaded Blue Applique
Dazzle-it Tiger Tail Wire
Soldered Jump Rings 8mm
John Bead Outlet – Magnetic Crystal Clasp
Beadalon EZ Crimp 3.5mm Ring
Silver Jump Rings 6mm
White craft felt
Tools
To cut my fancy chain:
To open and close jump rings:
Dazzle-It Japanese Style Pliers 5.5inch Flat Nose