Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brocade Ribbon Beads/Pendants

I am not sure whether to call these beaded brocade ribbon beads or pendants.
 They were made from the last of my vintage brocade sampler that I purchased in Paris in 2009.
The sampler would have been what a ribbon salesperson would show when they met with store owners.  The collection was gorgeous.  I made no eye contact with the price tag and simply pulled out my wallet.
 My planned project for the ribbon was this necklace.  I had a wonderful time beading each of the sampler colours.  That post is linked here.
 This time I had smaller leftover pieces to work with so I opted to showcase the flower as much as possible.  The beaded edges are just something I do when I watch television.
 The necklace hangs really nicely.
I can now say I used every bit of my vintage brocade ribbon purchase!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 01, 2014

    The necklace has such an oriental vibe to it. It would look so lovely on a summer simple dress. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmi--the things you create always are amazing and beautiful! WOW! jean

    ReplyDelete