Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Powertex and Jewelry Resin - Part Two The Collar


Here is the first of two projects I created so that I could show off my new Powertex bezels.
 Yesterday's blog told you how I made these two interesting pieces with Powertex and Jewelry Resin.
 I gathered some felt and wool roving.  
I hand felted the first round of fibers.
 My collar was starting to come together.  
Hand felting is for me a temporary fix.
 When I really want my felt to be secured I use my felting machine.
 After my first round of machine felting was completed I noticed this gorgeous crocheted sample I received from Nancy Donaldson.  I wondered how my bezel might look nestled into this.
 Of course, I just loved it.  My felted collar colours however no longer worked for me.  So I pulled out green sari ribbons and more felt.  I did some additional sewing and felting.
 Now it definitely looked better, but I felt that I needed to bring out the pink in my bezel more.
 I sewed on bright pink sari yarn and was very happy.
 My final step was to hand-sew some rhinestone chain and buttons to the collar.
 The pink totally changed my collar!
 Here is the back of the collar.
The front is soft and gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Those bezels are beautiful. It must be difficult to find something to fill them that wikk not be upstaged by the frame. Lovely work, Carmi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I do appreciate your comments! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete