Wednesday, December 04, 2013

More Fabulous Phoomph

 I have finished another beautiful brooch this week.  You might be wondering if I did all the hand stitching and embroidery.  Isn't the floral theme gorgeous?
 For the last decade I have been running the "home for abandoned and orphaned linens."  This was a special piece that I had been wanting to use for some time.
 When I see (and when my good friends find) hand stitched, embroidered vintage linens I can not leave them to disintegrate, yellow further or be thrown out.  Anyone who does hand stitching knows that hours of time and love went into this sample.  It needs to be treasured.
 Phoomph is my new favorite way to save these linens and turn them into jewelry components.  We received Phoomph from Coats and Clark Canada at the CHA Canadian Designer, Educator and Creative Professional (DECP) Retreat a few weeks ago and I wanted to do something extra special with it.
Phoomph is a double sided, fabric bonding sheet that creates a brand new way to craft with fabric. There is no ironing required making fabric crafts fun and safe for all ages. It can even be used with Die Cutting Machines and Dies 
 I applied one side of the Phoomph to the back of my embroidery area.  I cut out the oval area.  The best part is that Phoomph is super sticky...so my fabric will not fray now!
 Then I applied the cut out section to felt.  Phoomph is double-sided...so this is so quick!  I then cut away the extra felt.
All I did next was embellish mu edges with rhinestone chain.  A pin back makes this wearable and I have saved another piece of linen!  Thank you again Coats and Clark Canada!

My other Phoomph Projects:
Phoomph necklace.



1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic and looks beautiful, and pretty simple, the way that you have explained it. I am going to share this with my sister! xox jean

    ReplyDelete