Thursday, June 13, 2013

Felt Jewelry With My eBosser!

 Since the arrival of the eBosser to my studio I have thought of dozens of materials I wanted to test cutting with it.
It is such a powerful tool and yet it occupies very little space on my work table.
 This week I wondered how it would handle cutting felt.
I set all these small thin metal dies on my platform.
 Then I simply placed a piece of felt over all of the dies and ran them through the eBosser.
Clearly it has no trouble at all cutting it!
 The felt is perfect!  These shapes are not something I would want to cut by eye.  I had a wonderful time sewing them together.  I added some stitch marks and beads.
Then I cut a few more pieces of felt to glue to the reverse side hiding all my stitches.

My necklace is so light and colourful.  
Felt is universally available and very inexpensive!  I hope you make a felt wearable soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment