Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Village By Claudine Hellmuth

 Some days I need to stop what I am working on to just do something fun and crafty for myself.
This Halloween village was the perfect project to distract me from dozens of major deadlines right now.
 Claudine has downloadable printables in her Etsy shop.  I printed my village onto kraft card stock.  I love the instant aging kraft paper gives to a project.
 After cutting out all my parts I brought out my Crafters Companion Ultimate.  It is what I choose to use when I need to score a lot of lines.  I even have an extra scoring board with extra lines to work with.
 All my score lines were perfect...which makes taping and making my houses super easy!  Claudine has all the score lines marked on the images.
 Claudine even has videos to teach you how to make these houses!  I didn't need the help...but I watched them because it was nice to have Claudine chatting in my studio.  She shows you how to cut out windows so that you can replace the card stock with vellum.
 I joined my house sides together with extra strong tape and then used glue for the roofs.
 I added some battery operated candles to the houses with new vellum windows.
TaDa!!  A festive Halloween scene!  The light glowing through the velum windows is so soft!
The truck is part of another set...I am making up that collection next!

2 comments:

  1. That loOks incredible! I never would have thought to print onto the Kraft paper! I bet the ultimate makes it so easy to score and fold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it on the kraft paper!!! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete