Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Christmas Jewels with Nigel May

 This is the year I may be done getting ready for Christmas by August!
Here I am, in the middle of a heat wave and the only thing keeping me cool and happy are these new Christmas jewels!
 I love this snowman!
 Glam Santa!
 This is a necklace I adorned with mini Christmas ornaments.
 Brooches!
 Hot red pearls and snow people!
 My snow people are framed with rhinestones.
 I bet you are wondering where I got my inspiration.
I got an advance copy of Nigel May's A-MAY-ZING Christmas CD!  I was thrilled to be in the UK in April when Nigel launched his first CD.  It sold out so quick!!
 It is jammed with fabulous Christmas imagery!
 As soon as I picked my favorites I printed them to a size that would work with this assortment of bezels.
 I sealed all my papers with several coats of mod podge,
 I also added some embellishments.  My final step was to pour Jewelry Resin into each bezel opening.  If you didn't know, I am the author of Resin Crafts blog where I showcase resin projects daily.
 Each bezel looks spectacular, now that the resin has cured crystal clear.
 How adorable are these images?
 I found it very hard to stop making pieces.
 When artwork is good, it can be used in so many ways.  
I can now print a matching card or tag for this necklace.
The CD launches at 9pm UK time on Ideal World.  I can't wait to see all the paper projects that will be shown too.  I can just imagine the spectacular cards already.    Have a wonderful launch Nigel!  I'll be live streaming your segment on my computer.

5 comments:

  1. how many more days 'til christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I have been making all the jewellery samples for the show using the paper beads. There are some on the CD but i wanted to make them bigger so used the stunning backing papers and created my own paper beads. Love all your work xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them and it is never too late to start out doing Christmas. My one friend is a Christmas-aholic and always tells me how many more days starting on New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 23, 2012

    How adorable@!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful, Catmi! I can see how you would get carried away with these.

    I'm glad you mentioned the pre-sealing. I might not have realized that was needed.

    I'm hoping Nigel's designs are available as downloads. I'm not in the UK.

    ReplyDelete